Admission Test Requirement for Fall 2020 Admissions
All applicants applying to the Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) undergraduate programmes are required to take the following two (2) admission tests in order to be considered for Fall 2020 admission.
- SAT (with Essay) OR ACT (with Essay); and
- LUMS UG SBASSE Subject Test OR SAT Subject Test (in at least 3 of the 4 SAT subject tests) listed below:
- Mathematics II-C
The deadline to take SAT (with Essay) and SAT Subject Test for Fall 2020 is March 14, 2020. Click here to register for the SAT (with Essay) and SAT Subject Test.
The deadline to take ACT (with Essay) for Fall 2020 is April 4, 2020. Click here to register for the ACT (with Essay).
- Applicants taking SAT (with Essay) and/or SAT Subject Tests on or before December 7, 2019 and not planning to retake it in March 2020 will be considered for the First Round Offers.
- Applicants planning to take SAT (with Essay) and/or SAT Subject Tests on March 14, 2020 will be considered for the Second Round Offers.
- Applicants taking ACT (with Essay) on or before February 8, 2020 and not planning to retake it on April 4, 2020 will be considered for the First Round Offers.
- Applicants planning to take ACT (with Essay) on April 4, 2020 will be considered for the Second Round Offers.
LUMS SBASSE Subject Test
In addition to SAT (with Essay)/ ACT (with Essay), subject knowledge in the area of Biology, Physics, Advanced Mathematics & Chemistry will also be evaluated through this test. Questions are designed to explore knowledge and skills acquired over a period of time. The test is designed to compare candidates with different academic backgrounds.
Difficulty Level: Admission Test is designed to determine the intellectual abilities of test takers. Questions will be at a difficulty level appropriate for students in the final year of A’ Levels/FSc./IB/HSD. They are typically Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), similar to the pattern used in SAT. LUMS SBASSE Subject Test is approximately two (2) hours long. Test takers need to attempt only three(3) of the four(4) sections of the admission test. Calculators are not allowed during Admission Test.
LUMS reserves the right to use any test pattern that best meets its admission’s objectives. Instead of preparing for the test, we recommend getting a deep knowledge of fundamental principles and focusing on a good understanding of your school subjects.
The SBASSE Subject Test Registration can be done through the LUMS online application system at: http://admissions.lums.edu.pk on or before January 30, 2020, 5:00 pm (Pakistan Standard Time).
Note: The SBASSE Admission Test for admission to the Fall 2020 semester will be held ONLY ONCE on February 16, 2020.
Applicants who join the LUMS UG Programme and have an assessed high financial need will have their SAT (with Essay)/ ACT (with Essay) registration fee refunded for one test attempt.
- The Essay component of the SAT and ACT is mandatory for the Fall 2020 applications. SAT/ ACT taken without Essay will not be considered for evaluation.
- SAT (with Essay) and/or SAT Subject Tests taken before March 2018 will not be considered valid for Fall 2020 admissions.
- SAT (with Essay) and/or SAT Subject Tests taken after March 2020 will not be considered valid for Fall 2020 admissions.
- ACT (with Essay) taken before April 2018 will not be considered valid for Fall 2020 admissions.
- ACT (with Essay) taken after April 2020 will not be considered valid for Fall 2020 admissions.
- Official test scores of all applicants must be received by LUMS Admissions Office directly from the testing agency i.e. Educational Testing Service (ETS), USA. Applicants must request ETS to send a direct report to LUMS. The College code for reporting SAT scores to LUMS is 0513.
- In order for your application to be considered complete and for LUMS to make an admission decision, have your official test scores submitted directly to LUMS by the testing agency, American College Testing Service (ACT), USA on your behalf. The College code for reporting ACT scores to LUMS is 7896.
- While registering for SAT, applicants must use the same name which is mentioned on the LUMS Admission application and other academic credentials. Using a different name may prevent your scores from matching the rest of your application in our database.
- Applicants are required to report test scores of all attempts through an online application and must submit a copy of score report(s) to the University. Best score of a single attempt (SAT (with Essay)/ ACT (with Essay)) reported through the online application will be considered for application evaluation.