Summer Semester @ LUMS
Take a credit level course this Summer
Join the Summer Semester at LUMS for an unparalleled opportunity to learn from the finest faculty in the region. The Summer Semester offers the same learning outcomes and credits as our regular courses. Selective courses are available in Business, Humanities, Law, Education, and STEM.
In line with our commitment to extending educational opportunities to diverse learning communities, our summer courses are open to college going and non-traditional students across Pakistan and abroad. You will be receiving an assessment-based transcript and certificate for your course from LUMS.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Incoming college students
- Graduating high school seniors who wish to immerse themselves in an intensive learning environment before starting university this fall.
Currently enrolled university students
- Any student currently enrolled in an HEC recognized university in Pakistan or any recognized international university.
- Individuals from all walks of life looking to take a course for professional and personal development.
May Session: May 29 - June 26, 2023
Deadline for Applications: May 16, 2023
LIST OF COURSES (MAY SUMMER SESSION)
- Principles of Microeconomics
- The Art of Reading and Writing Urdu
- Their Eyes were Watching God: An Introduction to Afro-American Literature
- Literature and Media: Contemporary Asia in Film
- The Reluctant Feminist
- Constitutionalisation of Gender in Pakistan
- Modern East Asian History
- Introduction to Punjabi Language
- Introduction to Persian Language
- Sindhi for Non-Sindhi Speakers
- Pashto for Non-Native Speakers
- Philosophy Gym
- Introduction to Ethics
- Introduction to Logic
- Aesthetics and Philosophy of Art
- Introduction to Comparative Politics
- Introduction to Psychology and Human Behavior
- Sufism: Key Texts and Cultural Practices
- Religion, Conflict, and Peacebuilding
- Introduction to Lahore-Lucknow Kathak: Practice and Ethnography
- Applied Statistics for Humanities
- Media Writing
Please note: It is mandatory to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to attend on-campus classes. Participants will be required to submit their vaccination certificate at the time of enrollment.