The PhD degree in Mathematics is designed to impart high quality education in Mathematics. The main emphasis of the PhD degree program is course work and research. In addition, the doctoral degree in Mathematics prepares the candidates to undertake independent research. Upon completion of PhD in mathematics, the graduates can pursue career options in research and development sectors of public and private institutions, financial industry, data analytics industry and academia.
Admissions to PhD program are made purely on the basis of merit regardless of applicants’ ability to pay. The PhD Mathematics program offers a full tuition fee waiver to all students who do not have funding from other sources. Other forms of financial assistance are also available for outstanding candidates in the form of studentships and teaching assistantships.
· Algebraic Geometry
· Algebraic Topology
· Combinatorial Commutative Algebra
· Differential Equations/ Evolution Equations
· Fixed Point Theory
· Functional Analysis and Operator Theory
· Mathematical Biology
· Mathematical Finance
· Numerical Analysis
· Operator Theory
· Probability Theory and Stochastic Analysis
· Scientific Computation
· Spectral Theory
· Stochastic Optimal Control
· Symmetry Methods of Differential Equations
* The medium of instruction at LUMS is English for all degree programmes offered. Assessments are accepted in English only.
Full Tuition Fee Waiver and a Monthly Stipend* awarded to all admitted students (for up to four years).
*Subject to adequate academic performance