Minimum Eligibility Criteria for Fall 2018 Admissions
Applicants must meet the minimum eligibility criteria in order to be considered for admission to the Graduate Programme. Meeting this criteria does not guarantee admission to the Graduate programme.
Applicants are selected for admission to LUMS PhD Management programme based on the following factors:
- Academic Background
- Performance in the Admission Test
- Research Statement
- Two letters of Recommendation
The Admissions Office will review applications to ensure requirements are being met. Shortlisted candidates will be called in for an interview, after which the final decision will be taken.
Merit Scholarships and Financial Assistance
- Fully funded PhD Management programme
- Applicants who are admitted to, and join, the PhD Management programme will get a refund of GMAT/GRE (General) registration fee of One (1) attempt.
Academic Requirements for Fall 2018 Admissions
Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Minimum of 18 years of education leading to an Undergraduate and/or Graduate degrees recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan in Management and related disciplines such as Business, Economics, Commerce, and Accounting (applicants with degrees in other disciplines may be required to do additional non‐credit coursework after admission).
- Undergraduate and Graduate degrees: Min. 3.0 CGPA (or 70% marks)
- Secondary and Higher Secondary School: Min. 70% marks (or equivalent)
Decisions on admission are made after careful evaluation of all applications. Evaluation for interview call is carried out based on a combination of factors such as academic track record, performance in GMAT/GRE (General), and work experience (if available).
Admission Test Requirement for Fall 2018 Admissions
Applicants are required to take Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) in order to be considered for admission. Applicants must have a “Minimum test score of 60th percentile in GMAT or GRE (General) equivalent”. For equivalency check from GRE (General) to GMAT please visit the following link https://www.ets.org/s/gre/flash/bschool/comparison/17302/170/index.html
No other admission test score will be considered valid Only GMAT/GRE (General) scores are valid and, hence, applicants with previous LMAT scores need to take the GMAT/GRE (General).
GMAT/GRE (General) is offered as a computer adaptive test worldwide. Apart from official test scores that LUMS will require directly from Pearson or Educational Testing Service (ETS), USA, applicants must submit or mail a copy of the unofficial GMAT/GRE (General) scores as soon as they take the test. The LUMS code for receiving GMAT/GRE (General) scores from Pearson and ETS is 0679. For further details on GMAT and GRE (General), please log on to www.mba.com and www.ets.org respectively. The deadline to take GMAT/GRE (General) is February 09, 2018.
- GMAT/GRE (General) taken more than five years before the admission deadline will not be considered valid.
- If applicant has taken more than one test, the best score will be considered for application evaluation.
- Availability of valid GMAT/GRE (General) score will be mandatory for submission of online admission application.
- Applicants who are admitted to, and join, the PhD Management programme will get a refund of one GMAT/GRE (General) registration fee.
Supporting Documents Requirement for Fall 2018 Admissions
Applicants must complete and submit their online application form on or before February 15, 2018; 5:00 pm (PST). The application form can be accessed online at http://admissions.lums.edu.pk. In addition, all applicants are required to submit all supporting documents to the LUMS Admissions Office on or before February 16, 2018.
Application Processing Fee
- The application processing fee of Rs. 5,000
After the successful submission of the online application form through the LUMS Online account on or before the application submission deadline, applicants will be able to print a system generated Application Processing Fee payment voucher. For further details regarding
Fee payment options Click here
Proof of Payment
A stamped copy of the payment voucher or a confirmation email of an online banking transaction constitutes proof of payment. Applicants are required to send a copy of payment proof along with all other required supporting documents as ONE package on or before the stipulated deadline.
Applicants must print and paste the “Mailing label” on the envelope before sending it to the LUMS Office of Admissions. Applications or documents received after the stipulated deadline will not be processed.
A merit ranking for interview short listing is established on academic performance, work experience (if any) and GMAT/GRE (General) scores of the candidates. Only short-listed candidates are called for interviews.
Applicants are required to submit a well-developed research proposal. The PhD dissertation will require substantive empirical work and is intended to extend knowledge on a particular subject of interest to the management academic community.