Admission Test Requirement for Fall 2019 Admissions
All applicants applying to the Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) undergraduate programmes are required to take the following two (2) admission tests in order to be considered for Fall 2019 admission.
- New SAT (with Essay); and
- LUMS UG SBASSE Subject Test OR SAT Subject Test (in at least 3 of the 4 SAT subject tests) listed below:
- Mathematics II-C
The deadline to take SAT (with Essay) and SAT Subject Test for Fall 2019 is March 9, 2019. SAT Registration can be done online through the following link: https://www.collegeboard.org
- Applicants taking SAT (with Essay) and/or SAT Subject Tests on or before December 1, 2018 and not planning to retake it in March 2019 will be considered for the First Round Offers.
- Applicants planning to take SAT (with Essay) and/or SAT Subject Tests on March 9, 2019 will be considered for the Second Round Offers.
LUMS SBASSE Subject Test
In addition to New SAT (with Essay), subject knowledge in the area of Biology, Physics, Advanced Mathematics & Chemistry will also be evaluated through this test. Questions are designed to explore knowledge and skills acquired over a period of time. The test is designed to compare candidates with different academic backgrounds.
Difficulty Level: Admission Test is designed to determine the intellectual abilities of test takers. Questions will be at a difficulty level appropriate for students in the final year of A’ Levels/FSc./IB/HSD. They are typically Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), similar to the pattern used in SAT. LUMS SBASSE Subject Test is approximately two (2) hours long. Calculators are not allowed during Admission Test.
LUMS reserves the right to use any test pattern that best meets its admission’s objectives. Instead of preparing for the test, we recommend getting a deep knowledge of fundamental principles and focusing on a good understanding of your school subjects.
The SBASSE Subject Test Registration can be done through the LUMS online application system at: http://admissions.lums.edu.pk on or before February 12, 2019, 5:00 pm (Pakistan Standard Time).
Note: The SBASSE Admission Test for admission to the Fall 2019 semester will be held ONLY ONCE on February 24, 2019.
Applicants who join the LUMS UG Programme and have an assessed high financial need will have their SAT registration fee refunded for one test attempt.
- LUMS will only accept scores of the New SAT (with Essay) for the Undergraduate admissions of Fall 2019.
- The Essay component of the New SAT is mandatory for all UG applicants for Fall 2019 admissions. SAT taken without Essay will not be considered for evaluation.
- SAT (with Essay) and/or SAT Subject Tests taken before March 2017 will not be considered valid for Fall 2019 admissions.
- SAT (with Essay) and/or SAT Subject Tests taken after March 2019 will not be considered valid for Fall 2019 admissions.
- Official test scores of all applicants must be received by LUMS Admissions Office directly from the testing agency i.e. Educational Testing Service (ETS), USA. Applicants must request ETS to send a direct report to LUMS. The College code for reporting SAT scores to LUMS is 0513.
- While registering for SAT, applicants must use the same name which is mentioned on the LUMS Admission application and other academic credentials. Using a different name may prevent your scores from matching the rest of your application in our database.
- Applicants are required to report test scores of all attempts through an online application and must submit a copy of score report(s) to the University. Best score of a single attempt (SAT with Essay) will be considered for application evaluation.